Thank you for your kind patrongage. Alikewise will be shutting down on November 15, 2016.
The Internet is a public thing
At Alikewise, LLC we are committed to the protection of your information when using our services. A few highlights:
- We (Alikewise) strive to collect as little information as is needed for the service to be useful
- The Internet is a public thing, so if you post it, others will likely see it
- What you reveal is up to you
- Details are below
This statement represents our "Policy" and is hereby incorporated into the Terms and Conditions governing your use of the Services on Alikewise and related applications. Use of our services may result in people disclosing private information about themselves. This Policy describes how we may use the information that we collect from you as a user of our services.
By using Alikewise Services, you consent to the collection and use or your information in accordance with this Policy. Review this Policy prior to using the website or any of its related services . If you do not agree with this Policy, do not provide us with any information and do not use this website or its related services. Continuing to use the Alikewise or its services, you hereby agree to the Terms and Conditions and to our Policy as stated herein.
We may amend this Policy at any time at our sole discretion. If we make any amendments to this Policy, such amendments will be posted in this document and will be effective immediately upon posting, and we will take reasonable actions to notify you that the Policy has changed. By continuing to use the Services after amendment of the Policy, you agree to be bound by the revised Policy.
Information Collection & Use
We may collect certain personal information from or about you when you register for the Services or when you visit our website(s). Our goal in collecting this information is to provide you with better Services.
Personal Information refers to information that lets us know who you are. Personal Information may be requested at anytime according to the functions you are performing on the site or with any related services. We strive to collect as little Personal Information as is necessary to allow the enjoyable use of the Service.
Basic information may include email address, zip code, gender and age. Should you upgrade to a paid account, we may also request your name, billing address, credit card or other payment details. Personal Information is collected and used internally to allow you to access the Services and maintain purchaser information records; this is necessary to provide you with the service. We or our affiliated companies may use your Personal Information to send you communications regarding the Service.
Personal Information may include aggregate information including the uniform resource locator ("URL") of the website that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, your Internet Protocol address, the country, state and telephone area code where your internet service provider is located, the pages of our site that visitors viewed during their visit, any search terms entered on our site and demographic information such zip codes, age, income level and profession. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis to improve our service, provide aggregated information to enable ads to be served on our site and to report aggregate information to our partners.
Some ways we may disclose information include:
- We may link or make available your matching site profiles to other Internet sites to enhance your experience on our website including making your information available to subscribers to other Services.
- We may release information when we believe that such release is reasonably necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions, to investigate illegal activities or potential fraud or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or our employees, our users, or others.
- Occasionally, we may be required by law enforcement or judicial authorities to provide Personal Information to the appropriate governmental authorities pursuant to certain legal requirements. We will disclose Personal Information upon receipt of a court order or subpoena, or to cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
- We may provide Aggregate Information to third party advertisers or vendors.
- We may share your Personal Information with third parties who provide services to us under confidentiality agreements. Those third parties include authorized contractors, temporary employees and consultants and other partners and affiliates working with us.
- We may share your Personal Information and other information with our affiliated companies.
Security & Links
We use industry standard security measures, including but not limited to use of Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption software, this helps to protect your information against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties.
It is your responsibility to take all possible steps to ensure no one besides yourself shall have access to your User Name (also known as Alikewise Name) or User Password. Our employees will never ask you for your Password, but may ask for your User Name. Your Alikewise name is the unique identifier other users will use to contact you through the Services. We recommend that the Alikewise name you choose contains no information revealing your true identity to other users.
If you use a shared or public computer or network, always use caution. Be sure to log out and clear your cookies leaving the computer.
Our website may contain links to other websites not owned by us or under our control ("Linked Sites"). We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of such Linked Sites. Such Linked Sites have their own privacy policies and data collection, use and disclosure practices which you should carefully review. This Policy applies only to information collected through the Services or the website Alikewise.com. You further acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of, or reliance upon, any content, goods or services available on or through any such Linked Site.
Be cautious of what you put on your profile. You have the opportunity to remain anonymous to all other users of the site. Any information you choose to share is by your own volition and not the responsibility of alikewise.com.
Age & Residency Requirements
Alikewise is intended to be used by adults. You must be at least 18 years of age and a resident of the United States to use this website and/or the Services. (We hope to expand to other countries in the future.)
Policy was last updated February 15, 2015